The duties of the College Council are as follows :
First: Academic Affairs:
1- Approval of determining the degree of quarterly work.
2. Approval that the final test should be a practical or oral test.
3 - Approval of the exception of the decisions of seminars, research and practical decisions of tests and estimates and determine the frameworks for measuring student achievement in these courses.
4 - The formation of a committee to organize the work of the final test.
5. Application of confidentiality in the final examination procedures.
6 - assigning the status of the final test questions for some courses to the teacher of the course on the recommendation of the head of the department.
7 - attribution of correcting the tests to non - professor of the course when needed.
8. Determine the duration of the final test in less than one hour and not more than three hours.
9 - Approve the equation of the courses that the student studied outside the university on the recommendation of academic departments.
10 - Approval of the student's study of courses if the student completed the required courses for graduation and was a lower rate than required.
11. Recommending that the student be given an additional opportunity after exhausting the number of opportunities available to raise his or her CGPA.
12 - Suggesting the numbers of students who can be admitted in the academic year.
13. Recommending that a class economy class ticket be taken once during the course of the study if the student's academic program requires a trip outside the city of study.
14. Recommending that the student be granted an exceptional opportunity to complete the graduation requirements up to a maximum of half the original period specified for graduation if the student does not complete graduation requirements during the period of the regulations.
15- Recommending that students who are dismissed due to warnings be given the opportunity to complete their studies in accordance with the regulations governing this.
16. Recommending that students who have been dismissed due to warnings be given an opportunity to complete their studies in accordance with the regulations.
Second: Saudi faculty members' affairs:
1. Recommending the appointment of faculty members.
2. Recommending the appointment of lecturers, recruits, language teachers and research assistants.
3. Recommending the appointment of an assistant professor without requiring a doctorate in the disciplines in which the doctorate is awarded in accordance with the regulations specified in the higher education system (medical specialties).
4 - Considering the promotion of a faculty member on the recommendation of the Council of the relevant section, and the nomination of a number of specialized arbitrators not less than eight of those nominated by the Council of the Department or others.
5 - Approval of the payment of the allowance of teaching units if the number of teaching units for faculty members (and similar) of the quorum.
6. Recommending that a faculty member take a full-time academic leave after five years of appointment or a previous academic leave, or for one semester after three years of his appointment or for a previous scientific leave.
7 - Consideration of the report on the achievements of the faculty member during the full-time scientific.
8. Recommending the approval of the teaching staff as a part-time advisor in government agencies, the private sector, or regional or international organizations.
9 - Recommending the approval of the participation of a faculty member in conferences and seminars held inside or outside the Kingdom.
10- Recommending a faculty member and a person to work with government agencies.
11. Recommending secondment of the services of the faculty member and the like.
12. Recommending the dispatch of a faculty member on a scientific mission outside the university headquarters.
13. Recommending the dispatch of a faculty member to teach outside the Kingdom.
14. Recommend that a faculty member be allowed to travel to conduct research at a university other than his university during the summer vacation.
15. Recommending the transfer of a faculty member and the like within the scope of his scientific specialization from one department to another within the college itself.
16. Recommending the transfer of the faculty member and the like to and from the college.
17. Recommending the transfer of a faculty member and the like to a post outside the university.
18. Recommending acceptance of the resignation of a faculty member and the like or referring him to early retirement at his request.
19. To recommend the use of part-time professors for a period not exceeding two years, renewable.
20. The recommendation to grant the part-time professor a reward equivalent to the first associate of the scientific rank he had, but if not former faculty members, the University Council shall determine the amount of the award beyond the first associate of the rank of assistant professor.
21. Recommending the use of outstanding Saudi competencies from outside the university for teaching.
Third: Non-Saudi faculty members:
1 - Recommending the employment of those who exceed the maximum age (sixty calendar years) within ten years for professors and professors participating, five years for assistant professors, and three years for other groups.
2 - Recommending the calculation of experience in non - university teaching if it is in the field of specialization and after the academic qualification on which he was contracted on the basis of one year every two years.
3 - Recommending the presence of a faculty member conference or scientific symposium.
4 - Recommending an increase in end of service benefits to a maximum of (100%), provided that the total does not exceed SR 100,000 for faculty members and others.
5 - Approval of the payment of the allowance of teaching units if the number of teaching units for faculty members of the faculty members and those who are similar to the quorum.
Fourth: Scholarships and Training:
1. Recommending the induction and extension of lecturers and lecturers or the termination of their missions.
2 - Recommending the approval of the change of scholarship to the specialization or university or country of study as raised by the Council section.
3 - Recommending the suspension of student benefits if:
- No specialization, university or place of study without the approval of the Council.
- He could not continue the study according to the reports on his studies.
- Breaches regulations or instructions or refrains from implementing them.
- Did not receive the required qualification within the specified period.
- It has been proven that he has stopped studying or left the study without an acceptable excuse.
- Request to terminate the mission and return to the Kingdom.
4 - Raising a report on the status of the college graduates failing in their studies after half the period prescribed.
5. Prepare a detailed annual report on the status of scholarships in the college;
6- Recommending the approval of the scientific journey of the applicant.
Fifth: Graduate Studies:
1. Recommending the addition of conditions for admission to the Master's degree based on the recommendation of the relevant department.
2 - Recommending the addition of conditions for admission to the doctoral stage on the recommendation of the department concerned.
3 - Recommending acceptance of the student for a master's or doctorate degree in a non-specialization subject to the recommendation of the department council.
4. Recommending that the student be given one additional opportunity for one or two semesters at the highest level, based on the recommendation of the department council if the cumulative average is very good.
5- Recommending granting the student an additional opportunity not exceeding two semesters upon the recommendation of the department's council based on the report of the supervisor of the student's letter in case the student does not obtain the degree within the maximum period specified for obtaining it.
6. Recommending the admission of the student to the university from another recognized university on the recommendation of the department council, taking into account the conditions of transfer.
7. Recommending the equivalence of the units studied by the student transferred from another recognized university on the recommendation of the department council.
8. Recommending the transfer of the student from a specialization within the university to one of the specializations of the college, taking into account the admission requirements and any other conditions that the Board deems necessary on the recommendation of the department council.
9. Recommending the proposed courses required for obtaining the diploma and the title of the certificate based on the proposal of the department council.
10. Recommending the approval of alternative tests and courses that require more than one semester in postgraduate courses, upon the recommendation of the department council.
11- Recommending a comprehensive written and oral test conducted by a specialized committee according to specific rules for post graduate students after completing all the required courses on the recommendation of the department council.
12- Recommending increasing the supervision of the faculty member on the scientific messages to five letters on the recommendation of the department council.
13 - Approval of an alternative supervisor to the letter in the event that the supervisor can not continue or his death or termination of service at the university, on the proposal of the Council of the Department.
14- Recommending the formation of a discussion committee on scientific messages on the recommendation of the department council.
15- Recommending re-registration of the student if he is canceled, and specifying the courses that must be re-examined if the student's registration is not canceled six semesters.
16 - Recommending the writing of university transcripts in a language other than Arabic, with an abstract in Arabic.
17. Recommending that supervisors be supervised by distinguished experts with scientific expertise in the field of scientific research who are not members of the university faculty upon the recommendation of the department council.
Sixth: Student Affairs:
1 - Adoption of lists of deprivation and lifting the deprivation of students to enter the final test.
2. Approve giving the students a chance to test a final alternative within a period not exceeding the next semester.
3. Approval of re-enrollment of students.
4 - Setting the necessary controls to evaluate the performance of students affiliated.
5. Approval of the re-correction of the answer papers within a period not exceeding the beginning of the final tests for the next semester.